What is Bubble Hash?
The art of bubble hash is a highly refined form of cannabis extraction that allows for the production of high quality hash without any additional solvents. Hash is made from the trichomes (resin glands) of the cannabis plant and other parts of the plant that are removed during processing.
The THC content of this strain ranges from 30-60% which indicates powerful effects. Since cold temperatures are used during extraction to preserve terpenes, bubble hash is one of the most aromatic and flavorful extracts that can be made.
How Can Bubble Hash Enhance Your Experience?
Bubble hash, is without a doubt, one of the purest forms of extraction among others. It may not have the strongest concentrate, but it’s definitely one of the most potent forms of extract because of the variety of terpenes it contains.
So, how can bubble hash improve your cannabis experience?
Here are some of the benefits:
Aromatic and flavorful.
Since cold temperatures are used during extraction to preserve terpenes, bubble hash has a very strong aroma and flavor profile. So, enjoy this unique experience with your favorite strain.
Bubble Hash offers a “high” that will take you to new heights…
Because it contains no solvent, bubble hash is more euphoric than most strains. In addition to this, some users also report that they feel no ill effects the next day after consuming bubble hash compared with feeling hungover when they consume other forms of cannabis. The reason for this is that it mainly consists of THC, and has no solvent residue.
More about Bubble Hash
The process of making bubble hash involves agitating cannabis plant material in ice-filled water. The resinous trichomes freeze and break off of the plant matter, sinking to the bottom of a metal sieve, usually within a series of mesh screens, each with a diminishing sized mesh. The finer the mesh, or “micron,” the finer the material and lesser the plant matter.
Bubble hash comes in an array of colors, depending on the ripeness of the cannabis being used, the amount of plant material that makes it in, and the size of the mesh micron it was filtered or “sieved” through. Bubble hash can range from blond to red to black, with the lighter colors often being the most desirable. Bubble hash gets its name from the way that it bubbles when exposed to flame.
Here are 5 ways to enjoy bubble hash:
- Straight in a hash pipe. A hash pipe is like a regular pipe, except it has a little mesh screen that holds your hash high in the bowl. In its powdered form, you can load bubble hash right on the screen, or you can play with it a little to melt it with your fingers into a little ball. Load a piece of hash, about the size of a pea, and light it up to inhale the smoke.
- On top of your flower bowl. A pleasant way to improve on a bowl of flower is to put a little piece of hash right on top and let it melt into the bowl as it gets ignited while you are smoking it down. On top of making your bowl more potent, it also adds a set of flavours to enhance the flower.
- Roll it up in a joint. Increase your joint rolling game by sprinkling a little hash into the flower as you are prepping your paper. Alternatively, you can play with your hash and roll it into a worm shape and place it into the length of your paper. Roll it up, light it up, and enjoy the smooth flavours and boosted effects added by the hash.
- Vaporization in a Dab rig. A dab rig is a smoking piece where the bowl (also called a banger) is heated up to about 400-650F degrees and then a little dab of concentrate, about the size of a seed or pea, is dropped into the banger. As the heat vaporizes off the cannabinoids and terpenes, you inhale the vapours. At lower temperatures, below 500F, you can experience more of the terpene flavours and at higher temperatures, you get a slightly harder hit. It is personal preference how hot you take your dab. Some bubble hashes with specific microns (ie. 73μm) will fully melt and vaporize without leaving major residue.
- Cook with it. One of the biggest reasons to cook with hash is that your end products come out tasting less grassy if you can taste the cannabis at all. While there are many ways to cook with hash by infusing it into an oil first, the traditional way to cook with hash is to simply add it into your food as it is cooking. Using tested products allows you to know how potent your product is so you can dilute and adjust your portion sizes accordingly. For example, if you add a gram of hash that has 600mg/g of THC to a batch of brownies that makes 24, you can estimate that each brownie will have 25mg of THC.